Sharp’s new Plasmacluster™ Air Purifiers with humidifying function offer a unique combination of air treatment technologies to make you and your family more comfortable, whatever the season. Bacteria, germs, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke, dust and odors can make breathing harder, especially for asthma and allergy suffers. These air purifiers help remove these irritants from the air that passes through it with an ultra quiet fan that draws air through a three-stage filter system. Plus, their revolutionary Plasmacluster Ion Technology actively refreshes the air. For an even more comfortable environment, when the Pasmacluster™ Air Purifier is on, its sensors constantly monitor the air quality in your room, adjusting the fan for air purity while providing the optimum humidity level. This combination of features is a smart way to choose cleaner, healthier, more breathable air.
Model Derivatives: KC-830U KC830U 830
Sharp KC-830U Features and Benefits:
- New Humidification Function adds humidity to the air for more comfortable air quality, especially in colder weather. It also helps reduce static electricity that results from dry air.
- True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air that passes through it, including pollen, mold, pet dander and dust.
- Plasmacluster™ Technology splits water molecules into positively and negatively charged ions which spread throughout the room. This system effectively refreshes the air similiar to the way nature cleans the environment near waterfalls or just after a thunderstorm.
- Clean Sign Indicator shows the level of impurities in the air passing through the filter so it’s easy to see the progress as healthier, cleaner air is returned into the room.
- Manual Operation lets the user choose among 3 fan speeds
- Automatic Operation uses sensors to automatically adjust fan speed for the degree of cleaning and/or humidification required.
- Library Quiet operation is ideal for bedrooms and living rooms. Silent Mode is as quiet as 22 decibels, about the volume of rustling leaves. These are among the quietest Air Purifiers with a HEPA filter available anywhere.
- Energy Efficient operation means they’re easy on the wallet. All Plasmacluster models are 35% more energy-efficient than standard models, making them ENERGY STAR® qualified. They can operate all the time, saving money as they improve the quality of the air.
- Ultra Long Life HEPA Filters require changing only once every two years* so operating costs are low.
- Stylish Design looks great in any room of the home or office.
Sharp KC-830U Specifications:
|Air Purification System||Plasmacluster™ and Fan |
|Plasmacluster™ Ion Mode||On / Off |
|Plasmacluster™ Indicator Light||Yes |
|Micron Mesh Pre-Filter||Yes |
|Deodorizing Filter||Yes (Replaceable, lasts up to 2 years) |
|True HEPA Filter||Yes (Replaceable, lasts up to 2 years) |
|Manual Operation||Yes |
|Fan Speeds||3 (Max/Med/Silent) |
|Voltage / Frequency||120V / 60Hz |
|Recommended Room Size||124 sq. ft. (approx. 10’ x 12’) |
|CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)||Dust 92 / Smoke 80 / Pollen 130 |
|Air Flow Levels: Max/Med/Silent||106 / 74 / 35 |
|Noise Levels: Max/Med/Silent (DbA)||44 / 37 / 22 |
|Unit Dimensions (w x h x d) (in inches)||TBD |
|Unit Weight (in pounds)||11.2 |
|Limited Warranty||1 year parts and labor |
|Safety Standard||UL / cUL Listed |
|ENERGY STAR Qualified||Yes |